What can acupuncture treat?
Below are some of the conditions that acupuncture can help
• Pain – sports injuries, lower back pain, knee pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder, stiff neck, arthritis
• Digestive disorders – IBS, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, nausea, constipation
• Stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction
• Menstrual and menopausal disorders – PMT, painful periods, PCOS, hot flushes
• M.S. M.E.
• Fertility – including IVF support
• Headaches and migraines
• Skin conditions – eczema, asthma, psoriasis, acne
• Insomnia and chronic fatigue
Acupuncture can help if you do not have a specific problem if you are feeling 'out of sorts' or 'off colour'
Please contact for advise on if acupuncture can help your condition or problem
Fast and effective treatment
The acupuncture needles vary rarely go where the pain or injury is, so for back pain the needles may be sited in the hands or feet, for neck pain possibly the ankle. This is called distal needling and it is extremely effective.
At the site of the injury it is often appropriate to do some cupping or massage.
Cupping refers to an ancient Chinese practice in which a cup is applied to the skin and the pressure in the cup is reduced (by using change in heat or by suctioning out air), so that the skin and superficial muscle layer is drawn into and held in the cup. In some cases, the cup may be moved while the suction of skin is active, causing a regional pulling of the skin and muscle (the technique is called gliding cupping). A wonderfully relaxing treatment which can be used to help with many physical ailments.